A few years ago, I discovered the joys of making and using magical soap as an aid to manifestation and attraction. There’s basically no difference between the use of candles in magic and the use of soap in magic, except that the soap is even more personal and the magic goes with you when you leave your home. Unlike amulets, mojo bags, incense, etc., soap magic is invisible to other people. Best of all, it couldn’t be easier!
I make my magical soap the “lazy way” and recommend that you buy a book on soap making if you want to make yours from scratch.
1. Several bars of your favorite unscented soaps- you can also save small leftover pieces of soap until you have enough to make at least two new bars.
2. Essential oils or powdered herbs with the magical properties you want to add to your soap.
3. Cheese grater.
4. Double boiler, or two saucepans- one smaller than the other.
5. Molds- you can buy soap molds at a craft store or use a muffin tin if you like round soap.
6. Oil to grease the molds.
1. Oil your molds and set them out on a piece of newspaper.
2. Grate the soap bars into the top of your double boiler, or into the smaller of your two saucepans.
3. Add water to the bottom pan and stir until the soap chips melt.
4. Add your essential oils or herbs. Keep in mind the end results you’re looking for- concentrate on what you wish to accomplish while stirring the soap mixture.
5. Pour the soap mixture into your molds and let them sit until they harden.
A Few of My Favorite Soaps:
Energizing Coffee Soap – Add 1/3 cup of fresh coffee beans ground extremely fine to your soap mixture. This makes an invigorating energy soap. Not only does it help to keep your batteries charged all day, but it also smells wonderful and exfoliates your skin to keep you glowing.
Love-Attracting Yarrow and Rose Soap – Add yarrow and rose oil to your soap mix and stir while meditating on the kind of love you are trying to attract. I sometimes like to grind up dried yarrow and rose petals, instead of using the oils. This adds bits of color and texture to the soap. Either way works equally well.
Money-Attracting Jasmine Soap – Add either ground jasmine petals or jasmine oil to your soap mixture. Use both if you like. This soap is great for attracting money.
Herbs, Flowers, and Their Magical Qualities:
BASIL – Removes negativity from the home or workplace.
BAY LAUREL – Protection against evil influences, stops interference.
CATNIP -Courage, love, happiness, and joy.
CHAMOMILE – Luck in gambling, luck in getting a proposal of marriage.
CLOVE – Banishes evil, friendship, grants desires.
DANDELION – Helps to improve clairvoyance, purifies.
DRAGON’S BLOOD – Brings good luck, protection, money, love.
FRANKINCENSE – protection, purification, spirituality.
GINGER – Love, money, success, power.
JASMINE – Love, money, strengthens psychic abilities.
JUNIPER – Protection against theft, attracts love, aids in psychic development.
LAVENDER – Love, money, attracts help.
LEMON VERBENA – Guards against evil, repels those you do not love.
MARIGOLD – Gives clairvoyant dreams.
MARJORAM – Protection.
MUGWORT – Protection, strengthens psychic abilities, aides in divination.
MYRRH – Purification, protection, spirituality.
NUTMEG – Luck, love, prosperity, fertility.
ORRIS ROOT – Aids in divination, attracts love.
PATCHOULI – Breaks spells placed on you, attracts money, defeats enemies.
PEPPERMINT – Purification, love, increases psychic ability.
PINE – Purification.
ROSE PETALS – Love, happiness in the home.
ROSEMARY – Healing for headaches, keeps a lover faithful.
RUE – Defense against spells and dark magic, repels negativity.
SAGE – Purification, protection, wisdom.
ST. JOHN’S WORT – Happiness, healing, courage, love, protection, divination.
SANDALWOOD, RED – Healing, protection, spirituality, wishes come true.
SANDALWOOD, YELLOW – Protection, spirituality.
THYME – Cures nightmares.
VERVAIN – Repels psychic attack, purification, gaining love or wealth.
WORMWOOD – Repels negative magic.
YARROW – Divination, love spells, keeps couples happily married.