Is there a better time to liberate yourself from what no longer serves you? Emotionally, physically, spiritually, and mentally, you can create space by dumping clutter and removing obstacles.
The other day I saw a quote circling around social media: “A year from now, everything will be different. The things you’re worrying about today won’t matter.”
We would all like to hope that the world will be different in a year because, right now, we are suspended in a state of uncertainty in turbulent time. Fear seems to be at an all-time high, and many people feel trapped by worry and anxiety. I, too, would feel that way, if not for implementing one of my favorite tools from my book Adventures for Your Soul, the “Let Go List”: detailing beliefs, ideas, things, and habits we want to let go of because they no longer feel good or serve us.
In times of uncertainty, one of the most important things we can do is try to stay certain.We do this via a solid self-love foundation and spiritual practice. Instead of focusing on what you can’t control, regain your power by focusing on this moment.
Start by taking inventory of what is working in your life and getting honest about what is not. Give yourself permission to release what no longer serves you, freeing up space to feel better emotionally, spiritually, mentally, and physically. When we remove the emotional clutter and blocks, we become clearer—and life becomes more balanced.
It can be easy to fall into despair, but we have a choice—life is what we make of it. Maybe the real joy in each moment is rising up to say, “I choose to be here, so I am going to choose to feel better and activate my light.”
So I am electing to hope and plan for a better world. Join me. What are you done with and ready to leave behind? Here are 20 beliefs I won’t be carrying forward.
- I am done working so hard to try to make things happen. Instead, I will trust the universe has my back and that a divine timing exists for everything.
- I am done pretending to be okay when I really need support. I promise to open up to others and ask for help.
- I am done thinking I need to have it all figured out. Life is an ever-changing, unfolding, creative adventure, and I will embrace the unknown and have more faith.
- I am done imagining the worst-case scenario. When things fall apart, they are actually falling into place. I will surrender to the newness that is trying to emerge.
- I am done worrying about anything outside my control. I commit to taking a step back to see the bigger picture. I surrender fully to my faith and the journey.
- I am done closing myself off from others. Each day, we choose between opening up or shutting down, choosing fear or love, seeking comfort and safety or braving the unrevealed path. I choose to forge ahead with grace and love.
- I am done presuming who I am has anything to do with my achievements or how I am perceived. Likes, followers, and sales have nothing to do with my true capacity for enjoying life and being true to myself.
- I am done imagining things need to be different. It is what it is. One day we can look back, connect the dots, and see how everything doesn’t happen to us, but rather, for us.
- I am done focusing on what is not working and what I don’t want. I will focus on all my amazing blessings with gratitude.
- I am done assuming I am off track and behind. I have made no mistakes. There is nothing wrong.
- I am done trying to shy away from my true power—the love that is. I will express my true unique self and shine my light from within.
- I am done looking outside of myself for answers. I will be compassionate with myself and focus on what needs healing.
- I am done seeking shortcuts. There are none. The real transformation can only happen when I do the work, and I now see that the work is the journey and the true reward.
- I am done envisioning there is a there to get to. I will recognize the life of personal expansion I choose is always a path of deeper discovery. I will release my need to be complete, for there is always more to discover.
- I am done believing anything outside of myself that is created from fear. I will use discernment and intuition to guide me and always trust my heart, for it knows the way.
- I am done participating in the drama of the world. I will instead focus on my own well-being and cultivate it with care. As things aren’t always what they seem, I will release my own judgments because I know that oneness will set us free.
- I am done judging others or festering in what I don’t understand. Everyone of us is on our own journey, which I will respect with peace, love, and harmony.
- I am done giving my power away by listening to the programming presented to us. If it feels right, I will trust it. Otherwise, I will trust my own inner guidance system.
- I am done trying to change anything or anyone. We all have our own lessons to learn, and instead of changing things, I will accept them as they are and support others with compassion, love, and empathy.
- I am done believing the false illusions of separation. I will remember my truth. We are all love and light. And we are all one.